Announcement

Collapse

Purpose of The Meadow

Meadows in nature are often flanked by trees and filled with various forms of plant life, fallen logs, rocks, tree stumps. They are central gathering places and sometimes habitats for all forms of wildlife. Similarly, we're all here due to our interests in 3D art, however, 3D art is not all we are. Here in the Hive, our meadow is the place where people can gather together and get to know each other simply as people.

Are you celebrating a birthday or want to leave well wishes for someone else? Stop by the Birthday Thread, grab a slice of and a and maybe someone will let you help !

Would you like to share who you really are behind that avatar? Buzz on over to Members Mugs and share your selfies!

Over in the Hive kitchen, we're baking delicious goodies and sharing recipes to Feed the Muse. Pop on in and pick up some tasty treats for YOUR muse!
See more
See less

"The Anchorage pt 2"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eww ... millipedes! ALL those legs! Creepy.

But it's the earwigs that creep me out the most. Those and silverfish.

At least she doesn't seem to be in any pain, though with cats it is hard to tell. We're going to keep her on the methimazole as long as possible until the 21st when she needs to come off before going in for the radioiodine treatment. If her face and ears get too irritated though, I can taker her off it earlier.

Satira Capriccio on deviantART
    Satira Capriccio on Hivewire

Comment

• OOOH NOOOs!

My Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 died tonight. And of course, the warranty expired in May.

I'm such a sad puppy :(

I LIVE on that baby.

I need a second job to pay for all the unexpected/unplanned expenses happening this month!

Comment

• {{hugs}} I hope the rest of the year is better for you.

Comment

• Thanks Terre. Me too!

I just wish the Poser release was another few months off instead of next week! But then, is it really any different if I spent $2,000 this month or spread out over the next five months? I'm still down $2,000. Maybe it's time to start selling those flowers on the street corner! It's certainly past time for us to be able to work our three days from home, which would reduce expenses. Though not greatly, because I only buy lunch once a week, and with a Prius C, I don't use that much gas. But, it would give me another two to three hours a day to work on my projects since I won't be commuting those days.

I also wish we got actual techical support people when we call technical support instead of people reading off a script. Seriously? I explained the Kindle had been at more than 50% when I plugged it in to recharge (it was more like 75%), it was charging when it died, it was very hot before it died, I had verified the charger worked with another device once the Kindle died, and I had held the power button down for a LONG count of 20 seconds before calling.

And yeah. I understand she needed to have me walk through all those steps once again while on the phone ... because she couldn't really know I'd really tried all that. But, once we repeated all those steps on the phone and established that holding the power button down for a long count of 40 did not turn on the unit ...

Did she REALLY need to keep asking me to hold the power button down until the unit turned on. Or to call me back after I'd charged it for over a half hour ... at which point we walked through ALL the steps once again ... multiple times. Even though at no point while I was on the phone with the charger plugged in did the Kindle get warm, nor was it warm when she called me back an hour or so after it had been charging. Had it actually been charging, it would have been warm.

At what point do you realize ... she's dead, Jim.

Comment

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 165 at 02:56 AM on 11-13-2015.

Working...
          X