X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Skins of V4 to Dawn?

Hello,
    I want ot use some SSS-Skin textures from V4 to Dawn. Can I use them?
    Thank you for your help.
    Greetings Amigo

Unfortunately V4 textures don't work with Dawn.
    Today I will live in the moment. Unless the moment is unpleasant, in which case I will eat a cookie.

Comment

Ok thank you for your answer.

Comment

Yeah I had a look at the differences between to two and there are so different making a conversion kit is going to be challenge, There was a rumour that someone is working on one.
        Pete

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club

Comment

realityPaint's latest update has a new utility built-in to convert V4 "skins" to Dawn. The utility will also be available separately. Other conversions will be added based on requests. The details are on the realityPaint website and there is a YouTube video.
          I have not had a chance to personally use the utility but it is in the latest update to realityPaint that I received this week.

Jack

Comment

The conversion is not bad pixel based but very clever , the seams are blurred and matched .. it is better as texture converter by 3D universe
            if he do that with V4 , he can do that with the rest of the all figures from DAZ as they are all based on the uni-mesh
            SIMPLE IS BEAUTIFUL ~ MEC4D
            Gallery MEC4D on INSTAGRAM
            __________________________________________________ ____________________
            MEC4D'S HIVEWIRE3D STORE
            MEC4D'S OFFICIAL STORE

Comment

I like the conversion especially when it is set to 4K. I finally had some time to try it out. (Small problem with using Daz to create *.cr2 where you have to go into the file and remove some quotes around a file name that will be fixed in the next update.) I guess plans are to do others conversions based on requests. There is supposed to be a Dawn to V4 conversion among others. It is supposed to be released as a separate utility and it is now in realityPaint. Within realityPaint, the model and textures are saved and loaded after conversion so if you feel the need to improve the texture it is ready to go.

Comment

I love that texture converter. Even old V4 skins can be recycled, and SSS added in the MAT Room. I can't wait to haul out some of those old textures that I liked so much and see how they look, converted. :smile2:

I saw on the video that they're going to add more maps and figures, too, so that'll be nice.
                Beauty has many faces, unless its polygon count is too low.

Comment

Originally posted by jan19 View Post
                  I love that texture converter. Even old V4 skins can be recycled, and SSS added in the MAT Room. I can't wait to haul out some of those old textures that I liked so much and see how they look, converted. :smile2:

I saw on the video that they're going to add more maps and figures, too, so that'll be nice.
                  I cant seam to find a dawn.cr2 file only have the .duf.
                  My page on DeviantArt http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/

Comment

Sussed it, needed to download the poser version of Dawn from my account.

Comment

hmmm some things wrong tried to convert Danaes dublin and got a set of vicky 4 base textures.
                      Same thing with alfaseeds Alice.

Comment

Hi Michael_G. I have converted alfaseeds Alice so I know it will work. Since you are getting the default V4 texture, I think you might be using the default .cr2 file. You need to save the .cr2 file from V4 with the texture you want transferred applied to V4.
                        I am not sure what program you are using to set this up but most allow you to save the .cr2 file after you apply the texture. Then, in the dialogue box for the texture converter browse to the location where you saved your new .cr2 file.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jk79238 View Post
                          Hi Michael_G. I have converted alfaseeds Alice so I know it will work. Since you are getting the default V4 texture, I think you might be using the default .cr2 file. You need to save the .cr2 file from V4 with the texture you want transferred applied to V4.
                          I am not sure what program you are using to set this up but most allow you to save the .cr2 file after you apply the texture. Then, in the dialogue box for the texture converter browse to the location where you saved your new .cr2 file.

I hope this helps.
                          SO you are literally re-cutting the texture seams on the fly directly from the mesh?

Comment

Hi, McGrandpa - don't know if you noticed that the last post was a few years ago. Since then there is another option -

Texture Transformer or Blacksmith 3D (which contains TT) (both sold at Rendo) will allow you to convert textures for V4/M4 to Dawn/Dusk. Hope that helps!

ETA - Oh, and welcome to HiveWire! :)
                            Cheers,
                            Alisa

HiveWire 3D QAV Team Lead - IHiveWire
                            Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 165 at 02:56 AM on 11-13-2015.

Working...
                            X