Announcement

Collapse

Purpose of It's About the Art Forum

"Art is our one true global language. It knows no nation, it favors no race, and it acknowledges no class. It speaks to our need to reveal, heal, and transform. It transcends our ordinary lives and lets us imagine what is possible." ~ Richard Kamler

Imagine ... such a beautiful word! Everything that comes after it is considered creation and here, creation is about the Art!

In the 3D world there are so many imaginative, technical and non-visual things (that are an art form of their own) that need to happen behind the scenes before we can view a final product render that in turn inspires us to imagine and then moves us to create.

Sometimes what we end up with doesn't quite fit with what we saw in our minds eye and then sometimes it's totally opposite and takes a life of its own, becoming something much more than we ever imagined it could be. Both scenarios are equal opportunities to celebrate, share, learn and grow.

If you're stuck on something you just can't seem to get right you can share and ask for assistance in the Critique, Tips and Tricks area. When giving feedback here please be authentic, be considerate and be kind. There are real people with real feelings on the other side of the screen.

Want to have some fun, stretch outside your comfort zone and maybe learn some new skills and make some new friends in the process? Visit the Render Challenge area to join in, cheer on or start a challenge of your own.

Contests are a great way to focus and practice your artistic skills and we have some really nice ones planned for you. We'll be posting all of the details in the Contests area.

And to get to know more about some of the artists behind the art, we will be sharing interviews and articles in the Contributing Artist Spotlight area.

When posting links and images, please remember that because we consider ourselves a "PG-13" site, we will not accept nude, sexually suggestive, abusive, extremely violent or gory content.

Imagine ... and Enjoy Creating!

See more
See less

We want to see your HiveWire Horse (Harry) Renders Part 2!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Napalmarsenal View Post
    Yes, I think you could probably get the sheen if you did proper ray tracing or spec maps on the coat pattern, but haven't tried it as of yet. They are so shimmery like a mirage almost in the sunlight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n187623[/ATTACH]
    I wonder if you could get it in Iray using the metal flakes really fine... will have to try when I can get it all back up and running :)

Comment

• There should be a shader or some such that would give you that effect. You could try it and see what you get. Acutally........... now that I think about it. You will get that sheen on the unicorn texture. I was flipping back through some old posts and check it out. http://hivewire3d.com/forum/filedata...8785&type=full

Comment

• Harry's Arab Outfit now has its own thread (renders included). Didn't want to clog up this one too much. http://hivewire3d.com/forum/forum/di...goes-to-arabia

Comment

• An image using one of the fantasy sets I'm working on.
          The base is a free prop from years ago with a gold texture on it.
          Mane and tail is from the Mane and Tail Packs by CWRW from my Rendo days.
          Body texture is my own work.
          I aimed for a bric-a-brac look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GoldenUnicorn-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	22027

Comment

• WOW.... gorgeous!
            ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Comment

• Very Cool !! He looks like a trophy! Awesome effect!!

Comment

• Have had this one in my head for a while and took off a couple of nights earlier this week to finally do it! Was a nice break from work:) I call it "Sacred Grove".
                ALL HiveWire products! (the only non HW product was Ron's Powder Brushes)

LB Forest Portals
                LB Coral Bells
                LB Daylilly with NapalmArsenal's Crinkles set
                HW Unicorn
                CWRW Mane N Tail 3
                Songbird Remix Turtle Dove

Laurie

Click image for larger version

Name:	SacredGroveHW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	22039
                sigpic
                www.CWRW3d.com
                www.facebook.com/artcwrw

Comment

• Napalmarsenal - your decorated and fancy coated horses are just BREATHTAKING!! SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!
                  Life requires assembly, and we all know how that goes!

Comment

Very Cool !! He looks like a trophy! Awesome effect!!
                    Yes!! My first impression was of a bronze statue.
                    OK, Where's my chocolate?

My Renderosity Gallery

Miss B's Graphics

Comment

• Thanks Lyne ........... might be something in the works on those soonish. Once I get the latest project out of the way, and possibly .............. a fantasy tack expansion set for the classic tack .........but.................. That Western Saddle is the bomb!!

WOW!!! Laurie!! ................... WOW!! That is a real stunner!!! AWESOME................... (ok ok get your chin up off the floor) lol

I have been meaning to pick up that game bird pack of Ken's with the quail. I also have had my eye on Ron's powder brushes, but unless they have a pdf with them I can't use them in PS 7 unless they are converted. He does have some nice splash brushes that I can use.

Gorgeous work!!! Thank you for sharing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss B View Post
                        Yes!! My first impression was of a bronze statue.
                        It does sort of have that Remmington feel.

Comment

It does sort of have that Remmington feel.
                          My thoughts exactly!!

My Renderosity Gallery

Miss B's Graphics

Comment

• Oh Laurie, that render is just stunning!!!

My Renderosity Gallery

Miss B's Graphics

Comment

• Gorgeous!
                              Cheers,
                              Alisa

HiveWire 3D QAV Team Lead - IHiveWire
                              Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Comment

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 165 at 02:56 AM on 11-13-2015.

Working...
                              X